10.13.2016

Sewing for myself ~ Magyar Kimono Blouse by Vera Vintage


Hi and Happy Thursday!
I managed to find a bit of time to do some sewing for myself.  This blouse is a vintage 1940's style by Vera Venus.  The pattern is a free PDF download from her website.


I loved the easy style and keyhole neckline and I just happened to have the perfect Swiss Dot Chambray fabric from Robert Kaufman I recently purchased from Imagine Gnats.
I think it will be adorable with a 50's style button up cardigan, jeans and boots.


The pattern is one size and it fits me perfectly - I typically wear a Medium or 8/10.  
This is actually my fitting muslin and it fits well!
I shortened the sleeves a bit and stitched two tucks in the front and back instead of four.
The keyhole and neckline are bound with 1/2" single fold bias tape which I happened to have in my stash.


If you need a tutorial on creating and sewing binding, you can find mine [HERE]

There is an adorable tie neck version of this blouse, which is definitely next on my sewing "to do" list!

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!